If you fell bloated most of the time, here are some natural remedies and methods to deal with this problem. First of all, let`s talk about the reasons causing bloating:
- Dairy products case gas, so limit the intake of milk, yogurt, cheese or any other dairy product, and replace them with coconut, soy, almond or flax milk.
- Vegetables like broccoli, asparagus or cabbage are healthy, but they also cause gas because they contain sugar which don`t get ingested until they reach the large intestine, so you should consume them reasonably.
- Avoid beans, because they are rich in oligosaccharide, sugar which cannot be digested by our body. Some of the sugars can be eliminated if you soak the beans for a few hours before cooking them
- Fruits like apples and pears, rich in soluble fibers can be very useful, but the problem is that sensible stomach can`t digest them well.
- Chewing gum or hard candies are another problem because when we chew them , we swallow more, air as well, but they also contain artificial sweeteners which cause gastrointestinal issues
- Salty food is too rich in sodium, causing water retention. So, reduce the intake of salt, to maximum 2300 mg per day.
- Soda drinks or beer, which release carbon dioxide, will cause bloating.
These remedies can help digestive problems:
1. Fennel: the antispasmodic properties of fennel are helpful with gas and bloating, because they relax the digestive tract muscles.
2. Caraway seeds: They contain carminative properties, which stimulate gas creation and promote growth of healthy gut bacteria.
3. Ginger: contains protein-digesting enzymes which eliminate gas and relieve gastrointestinal problems.
4. Pineapple: They have the same effects as pineapples as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Peppermint tea: This relaxing agent will smooth gastrointestinal muscles, and has positive effects on irritable bowel syndrome.
6. Chamomile tea: It has anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, which can soothe the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, reduce stress, and help with diarrhea.
7. Papaya: very powerful in reducing bloating, because of the high amounts of papain enzyme; also, it is very effective in fighting intestinal parasites and worms
8. Parsley: Besides fresh breath, parsley is also good for digestion, as a natural diuretic, eliminating excess salt.
9. Lemon and Apple cider vinegar: Mix 1-3 tsp. of ACV or freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon with a cup of water, and drink it, to stimulate the body to digest the nutrients better.