If you`ve ever had cold sore, you know how irritating it can be and how you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Here are a few alternative ways to treat this problem, which are very fast and effective:
– Garlic: It has incredible health benefits, and one of them is treating cold sores. All you have to do is eat raw garlic or apply it directly on the cold sore to absorb it faster.
– Peppermint oil: It has antiviral properties which can sooth the skin. Also, it smells better than garlic, and the effects are almost the same.
– Tea tree oil: Known for acne treatment, but works on cold sores as well. Apply some tea tree oil on the affected area- it may sting a bit, but this means that it`s working.
– Ice: Applying ice on the cold sore will cool it down, reduce the swelling as well as the redness.
– Milk: Soak a cotton ball in cold milk and apply it on the affected area. Repeat until the sore is gone.
– Licorice: Cold sores are caused by viral infections, so licorice root is the best remedy for treating them.
– Peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide is usually used for cuts, but it can also dry out cold sores.
– Sweet vanilla: It has mild alcohol content, which makes it perfect for drying cold sores, without causing irritations.