If you like the Papaya fruit, there is another part from this plant that can be used and it`s incredible healthy- the leaves. They are not so popular and not lots of people can eat them, but the y can juices in order to use all of the benefits they are offering.
Studies show that papaya leaves contain phytonutrients which have powerful antioxidant properties and the can enhance the immune system. Papain and chymopapain are the enzymes which help protein digestion and improve digestive problems like bloating or indigestion. Carpaine, pseudocarpaine and dehydrocarpaine are the alkaline compounds which prevent the body from negative effects caused by chemotherapy.
The pure alkaloids isolated from papaya leaves as well as their derivatives are the base for certain medicines due to their analgesic, antibacterial and antispasmodic properties. Also they are very rich in minerals like: iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium, potassium and sodium.
Health benefits of papaya leaf juice:
- Prevention against diseases: Acerogenin from papaya leaves can prevent against many harmful diseases like malaria, dengue or even cancer, because it supports the work of the immune system and acts as a natural antiviral and antibacterial agent.
- Increases energy: Papaya leaf juice cleanses and heals the body so well, that it helps increase the energy levels. It improves chronic fatigue and helps you start the day.
- Reduces inflammation: Inflammation is a common cause and also a side effect of many diseases and allergies. Papaya leaf juice has anti-inflammatory properties which can even reduce the side effects from chemotherapy.
- Healthy cardiovascular system: Papaya leaf juice is very rich in antioxidants which boost the immunity, improve circulation and protect us from stroke and heart disease.
- Lowers blood sugar levels: This healthy juice improves insulin sensitivity, which helps the regulation of the blood sugar levels. The high amounts of antioxidants it contains can reduce some complications caused by diabetes like kidney damage, oxidative stress or fatty liver.
- Regulates menstrual disorders: You can reduce PMS symptoms and regulate the menstrual cycle with regular consumption of papaya leaf juice because it can balance the hormones.
- Supports digestive system: The enzymes papain, chymopapain, amylase and protease from this healthy drink can break down proteins and carbohydrates, and help digestion. This juice can help people with digestive issues. The antimicrobial properties are beneficial for reducing inflammation of the stomach lining, and it can destroy H. Pylori bacteria which are causing peptic ulcers.
- Liver support: The cleansing properties of papaya leaf juice are very helpful with it comes to healthy liver. It is the basis of treating chronic disease, like cirrhosis, jaundice or liver cancer.
- Supports production of blood platelets: We need as much blood platelets as possible if we want to treat some serious disease, especially when it comes to dengue which is caused by serious drop in the levels of blood platelets. According to e recent study, papaya leaf juice can increase and stimulate their production.
There are a few ways to consume this healthy juice:
- If you have a juice, just put the cleaned leaves inside to extract the juice, transfer it in small bottles and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can drink it alone or mixed in the juice you are usually drinking. If you don`t have a juicer, use a blender- put in it about 10 crushed leaves with a cup of pure water, blend them and strain out the juice with a cheese cloth. The juice is quite bitter and very powerful. In the beginning consume one tablespoon a day, and increase the dose up to 2 tablespoons a day, for therapeutic purposes.
- Make a tea infusion: add 10 papaya leaves, medium to large, in 2 liters of water, boil them until the water is reduces to half. Let the liquid cool, remove the leaves and drink the tea in small quantities. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days, but it is preferably to consume a fresh one, because it contains more nutrients.
- Another option is consuming the leaf extract- you can find it in the form of capsules, tea leaves or tincture. But make sure that the extract is organic and GMO-free, since most of the papaya in the U.S. is genetically modified.