The menstrual cycle is the monthly changes a woman’s body undergoes in preparation for the possibility of pregnancy. Depending on the individual, there are women that go through their monthly menstruation without any significant menstrual pain. However, there are a lot of women who experience heavy bleeding, crippling cramps, serious fatigue, etc. each month.
If you belong to the latter group, you should take a look at some of the things that you should avoid doing during that time of the month:
– Skipping meals-this is a very bad idea because during the period, you’re losing a lot of blood, so you should eat regularly and maintain the energy levels up.
– Having unprotected intercourse– doctors recommend that you should avoid having sex during your period. However, if you choose to do it, you should always use protection in order to prevent possible infections.
– Doing physical work-avoid any manual labor to prevent additional problems and discomfort.
– Eating junk food– this may only cause abdominal ache. Therefore, eat only healthy and fresh food during your period.
– Staying up all night-when you go early to bed on your period, you will experience fewer problems. This is because the body produces melatonin in the early hours of the night, and this hormone is crucial for the health. So, interrupting its production might lead to additional complications.
– Going to work-believe it or not, some women have a very painful menstrual cycle, so not going to work during these 5 or 7 days would mean a lot.
You should also avoid:
– Drinking soda
– Drinking cold water
– Eating cucumbers
– Eating salty and sour foods rich in sodium (pickles, canned foods, chips, snacks, salted popcorn, etc.)
– Drinking foods which contain caffeine (chocolate, caffeinated sodas, coffee, tea)